Thursday 6 May 2010

May - first week

Sunday 2nd, after a visit to Sue's for Amelie's 2nd birthday, Brian, Ben and I went to Maidstone to see 'The Lovedays' again.  Ben's friend Jenni came with us and so did Claire and her new man, Lee.  When we arrived at the Babylon Live Lounge in Maidstone another band was preparing to go on stage. The published time for 'The Lovedays' was 8pm and so we asked if they were going on late, only to be told that they were on at 5pm due to a last minute programme change.

After one drink we headed back to Rochester and the Sweeps Festival where we ended up at the Gordon Hotel listening to a band with a similar style to 'The Pogues'.  We knew this time to try some different ales.  The band were worth listening to and we had a really good time.

Thursday 6th, Brian and I walked to the polling station to find a queue.  We only needed to queue for 10 minutes before we got in but it was encouraging to see that there enough people to form a queue, the turnout must have been reasonably good, we didn't remember queuing before.  We got some fish and chips on the way home and had them with a glass of beer for dinner.  Both children were out so we had a very quiet dinner.  Brian said his fish tasted bad and didn't eat it all.  Unfortunately, he chose to give what he didn't eat to the cats.  I fell asleep watching the first election results on the TV and he went up to bed.  At 2.15am I woke up to a really nasty smell.  I spent a little time looking around to see where it was coming from but didn't see anything immediately.  I put the cats out and then I found it, in the hall (the smell had been strongest in the lounge so I had been looking in the wrong place).  One of them had been sick on Beccy's shoes, had diarrhoea and had pee-ed on Beccy's bag (she needs to learn not to leave her things lying about).  By the time I had cleaned everything it was nearly 3am and I had to be up at 6.30am!  Needless to say I was tired the next day.  Brian also had a bad stomach.  Luckily my fish had been fine but I think I suffered enough of the effects.  We'll stick to our normal fish and chip shop in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment